Baking cookies is as easy as pie in this decadent dessert. You can have your pie and cookie at the same time!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts, optional
- 1 unbaked (9-inch) pie crust
- sweetened whipped cream or ice cream, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Prepare the pie crust by laying in a pie dish. Set aside.
- In a bowl, beat the butter. Beat in the eggs and vanilla. Add in the sugar, flour and salt and beatu until combined. Add in the chocolate chips, peanut butter chips and nuts. Pour into the unbaked pie crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45-55 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool for 1 hour. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream if desired.
- slightly adapted from Hershey’s Chocolate Cookbook