A little bit salty and a little bit sweet, these peanut butter and jelly filled, chocolate covered cracker cookies make the perfect afternoon snack.
We come to the last of the peanut butter recipes. Ok,I take that back. I will definitely still be having lots of peanut butter recipes. But, this is the last of the peanut butter recipes for this week!!
When I was thinking of the peanut butter recipes that I wanted to try, I wanted something that would make a good mid-day snack, something that both my kids and I would like. And yes – this time I am combining not only peanut butter and jelly, but I’m throwing chocolate in there as well. All in a little 2 bite snack. These take your run of the mill peanut butter crackers and turn them into something so much more.
Wanna see how to make them?
You start out with some buttery round crackers. Spread half of them with peanut butter, and the other side with jelly. Use whatever is your favorite – my family loves strawberry, so that is what I went with.
Then you sandwich them together. You could totally stop here and have a delicious snack, but we are going to take it one step further!
By dipping them in chocolate!! I used chocolate flavored almond bark, but you could use regular chocolate as well. I just think it’s easier to dip in almond bark. You’ll want to cover them completely.
Lay them on a piece of waxed paper, and allow the chocolate to dry. It doesn’t take long, and good thing – because if you have little hands in the kitchen, they will be grabbing for these!
Like what you see here? Make sure you are following Taste and Tell for more great recipes and ideas!!
Facebook ** Pinterest ** Twitter ** Instagram ** Google+
or you can subscribe to my newsletter or Feedly or Bloglovin
A little bit salty and a little bit sweet, these chocolate covered cracker cookies make the perfect afternoon snack.
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup jelly or jam
- 48 round, buttery crackers
- 12 ounces chocolate-flavored candy coating
- Spread 1 teaspoon of peanut butter on one side of 24 of the crackers.
- Spread 1 teaspoon of jelly on one side of the remaining 24 crackers.
- Sandwich the crackers together, with the peanut butter and jelly together.
- Melt the candy coating in a heavy saucepan over low heat. Alternately, heat in the microwave in a microwave safe bowl on 50% power until melted.
- Dip each cracker sandwich in to the chocolate, completely covering with chocolate. Let as chocolate drip off, then transfer to wax paper to cool completely before serving.
**This post was created in partnership with Tablespoon. Thank you for supporting my sponsors.**