The perfect way to enjoy the end of summer fruit bounty, this Peach Melba Pie brings together peaches and raspberries in a must-make summer pie.
For the pie:
- 1 single crust pie crust
- 1 1/2 pound fresh peaches, skins removed and sliced
- 6 oz fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
For the topping:
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Roll out the pie crust and transfer to a 9-inch pie dish. Prick with a fork. Line the crust with foil, then weight down with pie weights or dried beans. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove the beans and the foil and cook the crust an additional 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Change the oven temperature to 375F.
- In a bowl, combine the peaches, raspberries, sugar, cornstardh, lemon juice and cinnamon; mix gently. Pour into the pie crust. Bake for 35 minutes.
- While the pie is baking, make the crumb topping. In another bowl, combine the flour, sugar and butter. Using a pastry cutter or a for, cut in the butter until it resembles coarse to fine crumbs. Sprinkle the pie with the crumb topping, then return to the oven to bake for an additional 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown. Cover the pie edges if needed to avoid over browning.
- Let the pie cool completely before serving.