An easy weeknight dinner, this Pan Fried Salmon with Remoulade looks fancy but is super simple! Panko crusted salmon is cooked on the stovetop with a simple, flavorful sauce.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped capers
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
Pan Fried Salmon:
- 1 1/4 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 4 (6 oz each) skinless salmon filets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Mix all remoulade ingredients in a small bowl. Refrigerate until needed.
- Place the flour in a shallow dish.
- Place the egg in another dish.
- Place the panko in a third dish.
- Sprinkle the fish evenly with the salt and garlic powder.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Working with one salmon filet at a time, dredge the filet in the flour, shaking off the excess. Then dip the filet in the egg, allowing the excess drip off. Coat the fish completely with the panko, pressing it lightly into the fish if needed. Repeat the procedure with the remaining fish.
- Add the fish to the hot pan. Cook for about 4 minutes, or until the panko is browned. Flip and cook on the second side until the fish flakes easily.
- Serve with the remoulade and the lemon wedges.
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should only be used as a general guideline.
- Serving Size: 1 salmon filet + remoulade
- Calories: 541
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 587 mg
- Fat: 30 g
- Saturated Fat: 6 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 12 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 23 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 41 g
- Cholesterol: 157 mg
Keywords: remoulade, pan fried salmon