adapted from Bev Cooks
- 3 sausages
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound orzo
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 zucchini, diced
- 1/4 lb. white mushrooms, sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- juice from 1 lemon
- Heat an indoor or outdoor grill to medium. Cook the sausages until cooked through. Remove from grill and slice into 1/2-inch pieces. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. When boiling, salt generously and add the orzo. Cook until al dente and drain.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the onion and cook until translucent. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute more. Add in the zucchini and mushrooms and cook for 5-7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked orzo into the vegetables. Sprinkle on the Parmesan and stir well. Add in the sausages and squeeze the lemon juice over the top. Serve.