Red velvet brownies are layered with a cream cheese filling in these layered Oreo Cream Cheese Stuffed Red Velvet Brownies that are perfect for any red velvet lover.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons red food coloring
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 Oreos, roughly crushed (about 5 oz)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line an 8×8-inch baking dish with foil or parchment paper, then spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder.
- In another bowl, mix together the butter and brown sugar. Add in the egg, food coloring and vanilla. Stir in the dry ingredients and set aside.
- In another bowl, beat together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the vanilla. Stir in the Oreos until evenly combined.
- Pour half of the red velvet brownie batter into the prepared pan. Smooth with a knife, spoon or offset spatula. Carefully spread the cream cheese mixture over the top of the red velvet batter. Drop the remaining red velvet batter over the top and carefully spread evenly over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a tester comes out with only a few red velvet crumbs on it, about 30 minutes. Cool completely before removing from the pan and cutting into squares.
*it’s easiest if you drop dollops of the batter over the whole bottom of the pan versus dumping it all in the center. Then use an offset spatula that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray to spread the batter evenly across the whole dish. Repeat with the cream cheese layer and the top brownie layer.
*I wanted bigger chunks of Oreos, so I just put my cookies in a ziptop bag (cream and all!) and used a meat mallet to roughly break them up.