Soft chocolate chips cookies with a hint of orange make these a favorite cookie!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, cream cheese and sugar. Add in the egg and beat until smooth. Stir in the vanilla and the orange zest.
- In another bowl, combine the flour and the salt, then mix the flour mixture into the creamed mixture just until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop the dough by heaping tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. The dough will be sticky. Bake until just browned on the edges, 12-15 minutes.
adapted from Southern Living All-Time Favorite Cookie Recipes