If you love orange, you’ll love this twist on the traditional blondies recipe! Orange flavors go throughout both the blondie and the creamy orange cream cheese frosting. These are divine straight from the refrigerator!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure orange extract
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
Orange Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 pound (4 cups) powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Stir together the flour, sugar and salt in a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Add the butter, eggs, orange extract and orange zest. Beat until well blended.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake until a tester inserted in the center comes out mostly clean, about 30 minutes. Remove and let cool completely.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, whip the cream cheese and the butter together. Gradually beat in the powdered sugar until it is completely combined and smooth. Beat in the orange zest and orange juice.
- Spread the frosting over the blondies.
- Store covered in the refrigerator.
Source: Paula Deen, Food Network
I like these best when they are still cold, straight from the refrigerator.
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should only be used as a general guideline.
- Serving Size: 1 blondie
- Calories: 279
- Sugar: 36 g
- Sodium: 146 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Saturated Fat: 7 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 42 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 62 mg
Keywords: orange blondies