These Orange and Oats Cookies are super chewy cookies made with oatmeal and lots of orange flavor.
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup coconut
- Heat oven to 350F. Grease 2 cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, combine brown sugar, shortening, butter, orange juice concentrate, orange peel and eggs; mix well.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt. Mix well. Stir in oats and coconut.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto the greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until light and golden brown. Cool on cookie sheets for 1 minute then transfer to rack to cool completely.
from Best of the Bake-Off