You can’t beat a one pan dinner that is one the table in no time! This One Pan Pasta with Peas and Bacon is easy and flavorful and a pasta dinner that is sure to go on repeat in our house!
- 8 oz bacon, diced
- 3/4 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 8 oz dry penne pasta
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper
- grated Parmesan, for serving
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon to a paper towel lined plate. Drain all but about 2 tablespoons of the bacon grease in the skillet.
- To the hot bacon grease, add the onion and cook until softened, about 5-8 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for an additional minute. Pour in the chicken broth and the milk, and bring to a boil. Once the liquid is boiling, add the dry pasta and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover the skillet and allow the pasta to cook until al dente, about 15 minutes.
- Once the pasta is cooked, add the peas and continue to cook until they have defrosted. Stir in the sour cream and the reserved bacon. Taste and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately, topped with parmesan cheese.