Step up your oatmeal cookies with this version that includes coconut and toffee. These Oatmeal Toffee Cookies are the perfect family friendly cookies.
- 1/2 c butter
- 1/2 c shortening
- 2 eggs
- 2 c packed light brown sugar
- 2 t vanilla
- 1 3/4 c all-purpose flour
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 t ground cinnamon
- 1/2 t salt
- 3 c quick cooking oats
- 8 oz pkg of toffee bits
- 1 c sweetened coconut flakes
- Heat oven to 350F. Lightly grease cookie sheet.
- Beat butter, eggs, brown sugar and vanilla in a large bowl until well blended.
- Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; beat until blended.
- Stir in oats, toffee bits and coconut.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoons about 2 inches apart onto prepared sheet.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool 1 minute; remove to wire rack.
slightly adapted from Hershey’s