Cheesecake doesn’t have to be difficult! This No-Bake Nutella Cheesecake is easy enough for cheesecake beginners. It is rich, creamy, and full of chocolate flavor.
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped hazelnuts
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons Nutella
- 2 (8 oz each) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups Nutella
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup chopped, toasted hazelnuts
- powdered sugar
Make the crust:
- Process the hazelnuts in a food processor until they are finely ground. Add the graham cracker crumbs*, sugar, butter and Nutella. Pulse until the mixture comes together and holds together when you pinch it between your fingers. Press the mixture firmly into the bottom and 1 inch up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
Make the filling:
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese until it is smooth. Add the Nutella and continue to beat for 2 minutes. Add the sugar, cream, and vanilla extract. Continue to beat until it is completely smooth, about 3 more minutes. Pour the filling over the crust. Place and inverted plate over the top of the pan and refrigerate the cheesecake overnight.
Make the ganache:
- One hour before serving the cheesecake, put the chocolate chips in a bowl. Heat the cream to just below boiling in a small saucepan. Pour the cream over the chocolate chips and let it sit for 1 minute. Whisk the mixture until it is smooth. Whisk in the butter until completely incorporated.
- Spread the ganache evenly over the top of the cheesecake with an offset spatula. Cover the pan again with an inverted plate and refrigerate at least 1 hour, up to overnight.
- To serve, loosen and remove the sides of the springform pan. Top the cheesecake with the hazelnuts and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
PREP TIME DOES NOT INCLUDE REFRIGERATION TIME.
*I made my own graham cracker crumbs, so I used the food processor to make the crumbs first, then removed them from the food processor before grinding the nuts.
recipe source: Laura in the Kitchen by Laura Vitale