Are you tired of slow cooker recipes yet? I sure hope not, because I still have 2 more to share with you next week! 🙂
We’ll keep it short today, since it is Saturday and all. And I’m assuming that since so many of you have kids back in school, you’ll be wanting to cherish your family time together over the weekend. If that’s the case, then this recipe will make your weekend complete, because it comes together so quickly, and then just cooks all day long.
I know not everyone loves mushrooms. Personally? I can’t get enough of them. But I’m guessing that even if you don’t adore them like I do, you still might like this. Even if you don’t eat the extra mushrooms. But if you do love mushrooms – this one is totally for you. And it has made me wonder why I don’t cook pork chops very often. They will definitely be making more of a showing after this meal!
I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!
- 1 onion, sliced into rings
- 1½ pounds thick-cut boneless pork chops
- Salt and pepper
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms
- 1 can (18 oz) Progresso Creamy Portabella Mushroom Recipe Starter
- Place the onion in the bottom of a 6 to 7 quart slow cooker.
- Salt both sides of the pork chops and place over the onions. Top with the baby bella mushrooms. Pour the Portabella Mushroom Sauce over the top of the mushrooms and pork chops. Cook on low until the pork chops are cooked through and the internal temperature is 165F, 4-6 hours.
- Remove the pork chops and mushrooms to a plate. Cover with foil to keep warm. Transfer the sauce to a 3 qt saucepan and heat until boiling. Let boil, uncovered, until reduced by half, about 20-25 minutes.
- Serve the pork chops with the mushrooms and spoon the reduced mushroom sauce.
**This is a sponsored post, but as always, all opinions are my own!**