Breakfast with a tex-mex flair! Eggs, tortillas, and a little bit of spice, all in an easy 1 skillet meal.
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 6 corn tortillas, cut into bite-sized pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 jalepeno, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- handful of cilantro, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce, or to taste
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 avocado, diced and sprinkled with lime juice
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil. Add the chopped tortillas, and cook until they start to brown. Season with salt.
- Add the onion, jalepeno, garlic and cilantro. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add in the tomatoes.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, hot sauce, salt and pepper. Pour into the skillet and scramble to your desired doneness. Top with the cheese and allow to melt slightly. Serve topped with the avocado.
- from Every Day with Rachael Ray March 2012