Eat your tacos for breakfast with these breakfast tacos filled with scrambled eggs with onions, jalapeños, tomatoes and crumbled tortilla chips. Migas Breakfast Tacos are a great way to add a little Tex-Mex to your morning!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 jalapeño, seeds and ribs removed, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup roughly crushed tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 (6-inch) flour or corn tortillas
- sliced avocado and cilantro
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and jalapeño and cook until tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in the tomato and the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour the eggs directly into the onion mixture. Cook, stirring gently, until the eggs are cooked to your preference. Stir in the tortilla chips and cheese, then remove from the heat.
- If desired, blister your tortillas on a gas stovetop, or in a dry skillet.
- Place 1/6 of the egg mixture down the center of each tortilla. Top with a slice of avocado and some cilantro. Serve immediately.
*for softer scrambled eggs, add a little splash of milk to the eggs when beating them.