An easy recipe for slow cooked, Mexican spiced pork that is shredded and served up in tacos.
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 lb pork loin roast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1 cup water
- 12 6-inch flour tortillas
- desired taco toppings – shredded lettuce or cabbage, diced tomatoes, shredded cheddar cheese, cilantro, etc.
- Place onions in the bottom of a slow cooker. Rub the pork with the salt, oregano, cumin and coriander. Place the pork in the slow cooker. Add the water, cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- When the pork is cooked through and tender, remove from the slow cooker and shred. Return to the slow cooker and mix together with the onions and remaining juices.
- Warm the tortillas slightly. Assemble the tacos with the shredded pork and desired toppings.
adapted from Rival Crock Pot Cooking