Take advantage of sweet summer corn with this Mexican Corn Salad – filled with Mexican cheese, lime, cilantro, and a zing of spiciness.
- 4 fresh cobs of corn
- 1 teaspoon Tony Chachere’s Original Creole Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 oz Cotija cheese, crumbled
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Preheat a grill to medium.
- Soak the corn in a bowl of water with 1 tablespoon of salt for 10 minutes. Remove from the water and pat dry. Cut off the top 1/2 inch of the cob and any outer husks that may be coming off.
- Place the corn on the grill and cover. Cook until the kernels are tender, 15-20 minutes, turning the corn every 5 minutes. Remove from the grill and allow to cool enough to handle.
- Cut the kernels of corn off of the cob. Place in a bowl. Season with the Creole seasoning and salt. Taste, and add more seasoning, if desired.
- Stir in the cheese and lime juice, then stir in the cilantro. Serve warm or cold.