The perfect way to serve a steak dinner to your family, this Flank Steak Marinade is super simple and only takes 6 ingredients. Marinate your flank steak in the morning, and have a flavor filled steak for dinner.
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- 1 (around 1.5 lbs) flank steak
- In a gallon-sized ziplock bag or container with a lid, combine the soy sauce, vinegar, honey, ginger, garlic, and red pepper. Add the flank steak and seal the bag, squeezing out as much air as possible. Turn to coat.
- Place the bag on a plate or in a shallow dish.
- Refrigerate the steak, turning the bag occasionally, for 6 to 8 hours.
- 30 minutes before you are ready to cook the steak, remove it from the refrigerator.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Remove the steak from the bag and place it on the baking sheet, discarding the marinade.
- Broil the steak in the middle of the oven for 4 minutes, then turn the steak and cook an additional 4-5 minutes. (Watch the steak, as the marinade can start to burn.)
- Transfer the steak to a cutting board. Let it rest for 5-10 minutes, then cut into slices to serve.
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should be used as a general guide.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of steak
- Calories: 294
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 660 mg
- Fat: 14 g
- Saturated Fat: 6 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 5 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 37 g
- Cholesterol: 113 mg
Keywords: Flank steak marinade, flank steak recipes, how to cook flank steak, marinated flank steak