Chopped chicken, sweet mango and lots of vegetables are combined with a coconut milk dressing in this light and healthy Mango Chicken Salad. Serve on tortillas as a wrap, on a sandwich, or just straight from the bowl!
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened light coconut milk, divided
- 5 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cups chopped napa cabbage
- 1 cup peeled and chopped jicama
- 1 cup peeled and chopped mango
- 1 cup chopped seedless cucumber
- 3/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 6 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- Place the chicken in a large ziptop bag. In a small bowl, combine 1 cup of the coconut milk, 2 tablespoons of the lime juice, and 1 tablespoon of the soy sauce. Pour the marinade over the chicken, turn to coat, then refrigerate for 1 to 4 hours.
- Heat a grill pan over medium heat. Spray with nonstick cooking spray. Drain the chicken and cook on the grill until it is no longer pink, 12-15 minutes, turning once. Let cool slightly then chop.
- In a small jar with a tight fitting lid, combine the remaining 1/4 cup coconut milk, 3 tablespoons lime juice, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, almond butter and honey. Shake well to combine.
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, jicama, mango, cucumber, bell pepper, red onion, cilantro and chopped chicken. Add the dressing and toss to coat. Sprinkle with the almonds.
adapted from Better Homes and Gardens Skinny One Dish