An inexpensive, filling and comforting meal that is family friendly and full of flavor, this Salisbury Steak Recipe is a childhood throwback that you’ll want to make over and over again.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons crushed buttery round cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon powder
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- In a medium bowl, combine the ground beef, egg, cracker crumbs, grated onion, salt, pepper and steak seasoning. Shape the mixture into 6 equal oval shaped patties.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the patties 3-4 minutes per side, or until browned. Remove the patties to a plate, and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Return the skillet to the heat and melt the butter. Add the mushrooms and onions and cook until they have softened. Sprinkle the flour over and stir until mixed in.
- Combine the milk and the bouillon. Stir the milk mixture into the mushrooms. Add the Worcestershire. Cook and stir until smooth and starting to thicken.
- Return the patties to the gravy and turn the heat to low. Cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, if desired.
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should only be used as a general guideline.
- Serving Size: 1 steak + gravy
- Calories: 316
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 601 mg
- Fat: 20 g
- Saturated Fat: 10 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 13 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 22 g
- Cholesterol: 107 mg
Keywords: salisbury steak recipe