2 of your favorite kid foods in 1! Hot dogs are topped with creamy, cheesy mac & cheese.
For the Mac & Cheese
- 1/2 lb macaroni pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 (12-oz) can evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 8 oz grated cheddar cheese
For the hot dogs
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 hot dog buns
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente and drain.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a medium saucepan. Whisk in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Whisk in the evaporated milk and chicken stock and cook until thickened, stirring regularly. When thick, add in the mustard powder. Working in 3 batches, stir in the cheese until melted.
- Add the pasta into the cheese sauce and stir to combine.
- While the sauce is cooking, bring a small amount of water to a boil in a shallow pan. Add the hot dogs, cover, and cook until the hot dogs are warmed through.
- To serve, place a hot dog in a bun and top with the mac & cheese.