Sweet and tart and perfectly moist, this Lime Poppy Seed Cake is not only easy, but so good that everyone will want seconds!
- 1 (15.25 oz) butter recipe yellow cake mix
- 1 (3.4 oz) package instant lemon pudding mix
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease and flour a 10 cup bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, poppy seeds, eggs, water, vegetable oil, lime juice and lime zest. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, mix together the powdered sugar, lime juice and lime zest. Drizzle the glaze over the cake.
adapted from Taste of Home Bakeshop Favorites