A childhood comfort food – made lighter! This Lighter Chili Mac Recipe takes a favorite from everyone’s childhood and turns it into a delicious dinner.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 oz) can of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup short cut pasta
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chiles, drained
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef and the onion until the beef is no longer pink. Drain off any excess grease. Add the beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce, pasta, green chiles, chili powder and salt. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and then cover the pan. Cook an additional 20 minutes, or until the pasta is tender, stirring often.
- Top with the Monterey Jack cheese and let sit until the cheese has melted.
source: slightly adapted from BHG Skinny One Dish
- Calories: 289
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 622 mg
- Fat: 11 mg
- Carbohydrates: 27 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 23 g
- Cholesterol: 56 mg