A beautiful layered dessert with layers of lemon curd, yogurt cream and a graham cracker crumble.
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons butter
Graham Cracker Crumble
- 1 sleeve (9 whole crackers) graham crackers
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup (6 oz) plain Greek yogurt (any fat content)
Make the Lemon Curd:
- Combine all the curd ingredients in the top of a double boiler. Heat, while stirring with a whisk, until it thickens. It is thick enough when it coats the back of a spoon. Remove from the heat and cover. Refrigerate until completely cool. This can be made up to 2 weeks in advance.
Make the Graham Cracker Crumble:
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Crush the graham crackers in a large ziptop bag. Pour into a small bowl, then stir in the sugar.
- In another small bowl, melt the butter in the microwave. Pour the melted butter over the bowl of graham cracker crumbs and stir to coat. Spread the crumbs on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely.
Make the Yogurt Cream:
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the cream until it begins to thicken. Slowly add in the powdered sugar and vanilla with the mixer on low. Continue to beat until the mixture holds a stiff peak. Using a spatula, gently fold in the yogurt.
Assemble the dessert:
- Place a layer of the graham cracker crumble in the bottom of your dessert dishes. Layer the yogurt cream, followed by a thin layer of lemon curd. Repeat the layers. Garnish with fresh lemon zest, if desired.
For easier layering, place the yogurt cream and lemon zest in ziptop bags with the corner cut off.
Assembled desserts can be assembled and stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 hours before serving.
souce: Glorious Layered Desserts