Chewy sugar cookies are topped with a dollop of lemon curd and then covered with a marshmallow frosting.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coarse sugar or turbinado sugar
- 1 jar (7 oz) marshmallow creme
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon curd
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, cream together the shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla until smooth. Stir in the flour mixture just until combined.
- Roll the mixture into 1-tablespoon sized balls and roll in the coarse sugar. Place at least 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake until the cookies are just set, about 10 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- To make the frosting, beat together the marshmallow creme, butter and vanilla. Slowly add in the powdered sugar until smooth. Place the frosting in a decorating bag with a large round tip.
- Place a dollop of lemon curd on the center of each cookie. Pipe the frosting around the lemon curd. Sprinkle with additional coarse sugar, if desired.
adapted from Pillsbury.com