Simple and fast, this Lemon Broccoli makes the perfect side dish. It is a delicious way to get in your greens!
- 1 lb broccoli florets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Bring a few inches of water to a boil in a pan with a steamer basket. Add the broccoli to the basket, cover and cook until crisp tender, about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt the butter. Add the lemon juice and cook for 30-60 seconds. Stir in the lemon zest, salt and pepper. Add the broccoli and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately.
slightly adapted from Weight Watcher’s New Complete Cookbook
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should be used as a general guide.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 93
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 328 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 10 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 15 mg
Keywords: lemon broccoli, side dish, vegetable, lemon, broccoli