Get the flavors of Korean barbecue in this easy Korean Barbecue Flank Steak recipe that is marinated in a sweet soy sauce mixture before grilling for an easy weeknight dinner.
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak
- 1 green onion, sliced
- In a gallon-sized ziptop bag, combine the soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil and ginger. Securely zip the top and shake gently to combine.
- Score both sides of the flank steak with a sharp knife in a diamond pattern. Add the steak to the bag. Seal the bag and turn to coat the steak. Marinate in the refrigerator, turning the bag occasionally, for 6 to 24 hours.
- Remove the steak from the refrigerator 30 minutes before you are ready to start cooking to let the steak come to room temperature.
- Remove the steak from the bag and discard the marinade. Heat a grill over medium heat. Place the steak on the grill and grill, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes for medium-rare.
- To serve, slice the steak against the grain. Sprinkle the green onion over the top of the steak.
adapted from Better Homes and Gardens Eat What You Love
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should be used as a general guide.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 343
- Sugar: 7 g
- Sodium: 669 mg
- Fat: 17 g
- Saturated Fat: 6 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 9 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 38 g
- Cholesterol: 113 mg
Keywords: barbecue flank steak