Restaurant quality food at home! This Key West Penne is filled with shrimp, scallops, sun-dried tomatoes and artichoke hearts in a light cream sauce – this is a pasta dish fit for a special occasion!
- 8 oz penne pasta
- 1 (7.5 oz) jar marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 (7 to 8 oz) jar sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 12 oz scallops
- 1/2 lb shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- chopped parsley
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and salt generously. Add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain.
- Meanwhile, drain the artichoke hearts and roughly chop. Drain the sun-dried tomatoes, reserving 1 tablespoon of the oil. Slice the tomatoes.
- Pour the reserved tablespoon of oil into a large skillet and place over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Place the scallops in the pan and cook for a minute, then add the shrimp. Stir the seafood, cooking for a minute or two, then add the artichoke hearts and sun-dried tomatoes. Continue to cook until the shrimp and scallops are cooked, a couple minutes.
- Pour the cream into the pan, then sprinkle with the cheese. Stir to combine, then add in the pasta and stir to coat the pasta. Serve topped with chopped parsley.
adapted from allrecipes