There is no need to wait all day for ribs when you have this Instant Pot Ribs recipe! Tender, fall off the bone good, this recipe is the perfect way to have barbecue ribs on a weeknight!
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- 1 rack baby back ribs, about 4 lbs
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce, divided
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, brown sugar, chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Cut the ribs into 4 equal portions. Rub the ribs with the spice rub.
- Place the trivet in the bottom of the Instant Pot. Put the water, vinegar and soy sauce in the bottom of the Instant Pot. Place the ribs on top of the trivet in the Instant Pot, stacking them up in a teepee shape. You don’t want them on top of each other.
- Lock the lid in place and make sure the vent is closed. Select manual high pressure and set the time to 35 minutes. When the time is up, naturally release the pressure for 10 minutes, then quick release any remaining pressure.
- Turn the broiler on high. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Remove the ribs from the Instant Pot to the prepared baking sheet. Brush the ribs with 1/2 cup of the barbecue sauce.
- Broil the ribs 4-6 inches from the heat until a crust has formed.
- Serve with the remaining barbecue sauce.
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should only be used as a general guideline.
- Calories: 370
- Sugar: 8 g
- Sodium: 1846 mg
- Fat: 16 g
- Saturated Fat: 6 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 11 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 43 g
- Cholesterol: 120 mg
Keywords: instant pot ribs