The perfect way to get into the holiday spirit, these Hot Cocoa Cookies combine super chocolaty cookies with mini marshmallows in a soft and chewy cookie.
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mini marshmallow bits, divided
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- In the bowl of a mixer, combine the butter and sugar and beat until light and fluffy, 1-2 minutes. Add in the eggs, one at a time, scraping down the sides of the mixer as needed. Beat in the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix just until combined. Add in 3/4 cup of the marshmallows and the chocolate chips and mix until combined.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon-sized balls of dough and roll into a ball. The dough will be stiff and sticky. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. With the remaining 1/4 cup mini marshmallows, press a few into the outside of each of the balls of dough.
- Bake the cookies, one baking sheet at a time. Bake until the edges are set, but the center still looks a little bit wet, about 7 minutes. Remove from the oven and let the cookies sit on the baking sheets for a few more minutes before transferring to a baking rack or a sheet of waxed paper.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 131
- Sugar: 11 g
- Sodium: 56 mg
- Fat: 7 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 17 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 24 mg
Keywords: hot cocoa cookies, hot chocolate cookies