An easy 5 ingredient marinade packs lots of flavor in this Honey Soy Chicken.
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1/4 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts or thighs
- sliced green onions and sesame seeds, for garnish
- Combine the honey, soy sauce, mirin, garlic clove and Chinese five spice powder in a large zip top bag.
- If the chicken breasts are large, cut them in half lengthwise, forming 2 thinner breast pieces. Add the chicken to the bag with the marinade. Marinate for at least 2 hours, up to overnight.
- Preheat a grill (or use a grill pan) over medium-high heat. Oil lightly. Remove the chicken from the marinade and discard the marinade. Cook the chicken until cooked through, about 5-7 minutes per side.
- Serve topped with sliced green onions and sesame seeds.
adapted from The Complete Chicken Cookbook