Chicken thighs are slow cooked in a honey, soy and garlic mixture, then shredded for the best Honey Garlic Chicken Tacos.
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup hoisin
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 box (7.4 oz) Old El Paso™ Hard and Soft Taco Shells
- sliced green onions
- Place the chicken thighs in a single layer in the bottom of a slow cooker.
- In a bowl, combine the soy sauce, honey, ketchup, hoisin and garlic; mix well. Pour the mixture over the chicken thighs.
- Cook on low for 6 hours, or until the chicken thighs are cooked through and shred easily.
- Remove the chicken thighs from the slow cooker and shred with 2 forks. Pour the liquid that is remaining into a saucepan. Place the pan over medium heat. In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and water. Pour into the pan and cook until the mixture thickens 3-5 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the slow cooker. Pour half of the sauce mixture over the chicken and stir until the chicken is coated. (Reserve the other half of the sauce to pass at the table).
- Fill each taco shell or soft tortilla with some of the chicken mixture and then top with sliced green onions. Serve warm.