Sticky and sweet, these Honey Balsamic Drumsticks will be a meal that the whole family will devour!
- 2 – 2 1/2 lbs chicken drumsticks
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Rinse the chicken and pat it dry. In a small bowl, combine the onion powder, kosher salt, paprika, and pepper.
- Drizzle the chicken with 1 teaspoon of the olive oil and use your hands to rub it into the chicken. Sprinkle the seasoning mixture over the chicken evenly and then massage it in.
- Heat a large Dutch oven or oven proof skillet with an oven proof lid over medium heat. Add the remaining 2 teaspoons of olive oil. Working in batches if necessary, cook the chicken until it is browned.
- While the chicken is searing, whisk together the honey, balsamic vinegar, ketchup, water and minced garlic. Add the sauce to the chicken in the Dutch oven once all the chicken has been browned. Toss the chicken in the sauce, then put the lid on the pan and transfer to the oven.
- Bake the chicken for 20 minutes, then rotate the chicken and baste with the sauce. Bake an additional 20 minutes.
- While the chicken is baking, line a large baking sheet with foil and set aside.
- When the chicken is cooked, transfer the drumsticks to the foil lined baking sheet. Place the Dutch oven on the stove over high heat and bring to a boil. Simmer until the sauce is thick and glazy.
- Turn the broiler on the oven. Place the chicken under the broiler and cook until it is lightly charred, just a minute or two.
- Brush the chicken with the reduced sauce before serving.
very slightly adapted from 400 Calories or Less with Our Best Bites
Keywords: honey balsamic drumsticks