Keep dishes to a minimum with this easy one pan pasta with the flavors of a Hawaiian pizza – ham, bacon, pineapple and gooey cheese.
- 8 oz Jones Dairy Farm Cherry Hardwood Smoked Bacon
- 8 oz leftover Jones Dairy Farm Ham, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 oz dry rigatoni pasta
- 8 oz pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- chopped cilantro
- Dice the bacon into small pieces. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the bacon. Cook until crisp. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon to a paper towel lined plate to drain. Discard all but 1 tablespoon of the bacon grease.
- Add the cubed ham to the skillet. Cook, stirring frequently, until the ham is browned. Add the tomato sauce, chicken broth, onion powder, basil, and pepper to the ham. Stir to combine, then add the pasta and stir again. Bring the mixture to a boil, then cover and cook until the pasta is tender, about 15 minutes. (I like to stir this one or two times during the cook time to make sure all of the pasta gets cooked evenly.) Stir in the pineapple and reserved bacon, then remove from the heat.
- Sprinkle the top of the pasta with the mozzarella and cover again. Let the dish sit until the mozzarella is melted. Sprinkle with cilantro before serving.
A few people have commented that there was too much salt, so I have removed the salt from the recipe. Feel free to taste as you go and add salt to your preference.