The perfect Hawaiian side dish, this Hawaiian Pasta Salad is a creamy combination of pasta salad and potato salad.
- 3 medium russet potatoes
- 8 oz dry macaroni pasta
- 4 hard boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 1/2 cups Best Foods or Hellmann’s mayonnaise, divided
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1/4 cup grated carrot
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle juice
- Salt and pepper
- Peel the potatoes and cut into 1-inch cubes. Place in a large pot and cover with water. Add about 1 tablespoon of kosher salt to the water and place over high heat.
- Bring to a boil and cook until the potatoes are fork tender. Drain and reserve.
- Meanwhile, bring another pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked potatoes and cooked macaroni. Add the eggs, onion, 1 cup of the mayonnaise, the relish, carrot and pickle juice.
- Toss until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- When you are ready to serve, stir in the remaining 1/2 cup of mayonnaise. Add more to taste, and add more salt and pepper, if needed.
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should only be used as a general guideline.
Keywords: hawaiian macaroni salad, hawaiian mac salad, hawaiian macaroni salad recipe, hawaiian potato salad