A spinach salad with cranberries and blue cheese is served with a raspberry vinaigrette.
- 2 tablespoons raspberry jam
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup oil (walnut, olive or vegetable works)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups spinach, torn into bite sized pieces
- 2 cups baby greens
- 1 cup cooked chicken, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
Make the dressing:
- In a small bowl, whisk together the jam and vinegar. Slowly whisk in the oil until combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Make the salad:
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Arrange the pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet and toast until they start to brown, about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss together the pecans, spinach, greens, chicken, cranberries, blue cheese, tomatoes, avocado and red onion. Serve with the dressing.
adapted from allrecipes