This super simple Ham and Bean Soup comes together in minutes for a warm, comforting dinner. This soup is a great way to use up any leftover ham!
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 cups diced, cooked ham
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 (15-oz each) cans great northern beans, not drained
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place a large heavy pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the vegetable oil.
- Once the oil is shimmering, add the carrots, celery, and onions. Cook until the vegetables are starting to soften.
- Add the ham and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in the chicken broth, beans with their liquid, and the can of tomatoes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Let the soup simmer for 10 minutes, or until heated through.
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should only be used as a general guideline.
- Calories: 397
- Sugar: 12 g
- Sodium: 1648 mg
- Fat: 9 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 7 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 44 g
- Fiber: 15 g
- Protein: 29 g
- Cholesterol: 36 mg
Keywords: ham and bean soup