This simple white pizza recipe is made on the grill and topped with mozzarella, ricotta, and lots of salty bacon.
- 1/4 lb Jones Dairy Farm Dry Aged bacon
- 1 lb pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- handful of fresh basil leaves, torn
- Dice the bacon into 1/4-inch pieces. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the bacon. Cook until crisp. Drain on a paper-towel lined plate.
- Heat a grill to medium heat. (All grill temperatures cook differently. Mine cooks very hot, so I put mine on low. With the lid closed, it shows a temperature of about 400F.) Grease the grates well.
- Spray a piece of foil with nonstick cooking spray. Roll the pizza dough out on top of the foil. Use the foil and carefully flip the dough over onto the grill, removing the foil. Close the lid and grill until the bottom is browned and lightly charred, 3-5 minutes. Using tongs or a spatula, flip the crust over. Drizzle the olive oil over the crust and layer the mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese, bacon and then basil leaves. Close the grill and continue to cook until the cheese is melted, another 3-4 minutes. Carefully remove from the grill and let sit for a couple minutes before slicing and serving.