A roasted red pepper stuffed with provolone cheese, then grilled until charred.
- 4 large roasted red peppers, jarred or roasted at home
- 4 (1-inch) thick slabs provolone cheese, a few inches wide each
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- a handful of finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- kitchen twine, cut into 4 (8-inch) lengths, soaked in water
- Put the cheese in a shallow dish and sprinkle with the red pepper flakes, parsley, oregano, lemon zest and juice, and a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil. Toss to coat the cheese in the marinade.
- Slice the peppers open. Wrap 1 piece of cheese inside each pepper. Tie with the twine to make a bundle.
- Heat a grill pan or outdoor grill over medium. Grill the peppers until they are evenly charred and the cheese is browning at the edged, 8 to 10 minutes. Serve immediately.
- from 30 Minute Meals