Simple and healthy, these Grilled Pork Chops with Cilantro Lime Sauce are packed with flavor and done in under half an hour.
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 6 (1/2-inch to 1-inch thick) boneless pork chops
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, garlic and red pepper flakes. Stream in the olive oil, whisking well. Whisk in the cilantro.
- Prepare a grill to medium-high heat. Pat the pork chops dry with a paper towel and season with salt and pepper. Grill the pork, turning once, until they reach 135ºF, 8-10 minutes. (The pork will come to full temperature, 145ºF, as it continues to cook while it is resting.) Add a spoonful of the cilantro lime sauce over the tops of the chops when they have about 2 minutes remaining.
- Let the pork chops rest for 10 minutes before serving. Drizzle with the remaining cilantro lime sauce.
very slightly adapted from Gourmet July 2007