These grilled chicken skewers are filled with lots of Indian flavors for a great meal filled with spice!
- 2 lbs Tyson Fresh Chicken, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 2 teaspoons chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- additional cilantro, for garnish
- Place the chicken in a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine the yogurt, onion, garlic, lemon juice, garam masala, cilantro, ginger, salt, turmeric, paprika, cumin and cayenne. Spread over the top of the chicken. Cover the dish and refrigerate for 4-6 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator and let it sit out for 30 minutes. If using wood skewers, soak in water during that 30 minutes. Take the chicken pieces and thread onto the skewers.
- Preheat a grill to medium high heat and lightly oil the grates. Grill the skewers until the chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes, flipping as needed.
- Top with additional cilantro before serving.