Keep your summer dessert fresh and easy with these Grilled Donut and Fruit Kabobs with Mascarpone Cream. Donut holes, pineapple chunks and mandarin oranges are grilled and served with a luscious cream.
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 (8 oz) container mascarpone cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (20 oz) Dole Pineapple Chunks
- 1 can (15 oz) Dole Mandarin Oranges
- 20–30 glazed donut holes
- Make the mascarpone cream: in a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, whip the cream until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whip the mascarpone cream, powdered sugar and vanilla together until combined. Stir 1/4 of the whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture. Gently fold the remaining cream into the mixture. Refrigerate until needed.
- Drain the pineapple chunks and mandarin oranges. Thread the pineapples, oranges and donuts onto skewers, alternating as desired.
- Heat a grill or a grill pan over medium heat. Grill the kabobs until toasted and warmed through, 3-5 minutes per side. (Be careful, as the sugar on the donuts will melt and become very hot, depending on how much glaze is on the donuts.)
- Serve the kabobs warm with the mascarpone cream for dipping.