This Grilled Corn and Black Bean Salad is the perfect meat-free summer meal – with grilled corn, black beans, radishes, green onions, cilantro, queso fresco and avocados.
- 4 ears fresh corn, shucked and cleaned
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small bunch radishes, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 4 oz queso fresco, crumbled
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- Preheat a grill to medium heat. Grill the corn, turning often, until evenly charred. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, and chili powder. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the black beans, radishes, green onions and cilantro.
- Cut the corn from the cobs, and add the corn to the large bowl. Stir everything to combine.
- Top the salad with the queso fresco and sliced avocado.
Adapted from Every Day with Rachael Ray June 2012
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 391
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 683 mg
- Fat: 24 g
- Saturated Fat: 6 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 13 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 35 g
- Fiber: 9 g
- Protein: 15 g
- Cholesterol: 15 mg
Keywords: Grilled Corn and Black Bean Salad