Filled with chicken and cheese and topped with the most delicious sauce, these Green Chicken Enchiladas are perfect for when you are craving Mexican food. They are easy enough for a weeknight and packed with flavor!
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Heat the oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Working with one tortilla at a time, lay the tortilla in the hot oil and let it cook for 1 minute. Flip the tortilla and let it cook another 30 seconds, then remove to a paper towel lined plate. Continue with the remaining tortillas.
- Pour 1 cup of the enchilada sauce in the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish. Set aside half of the cheese.
- Take each tortilla and fill with some of the chicken, cheese, and onion. Carefully roll, then place in the prepared baking dish, seam side down. Continue with the remain tortillas and fillings.
- Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the top of the enchiladas. Sprinkle the reserved cheese on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until heated through and the cheese is melted, about 20-30 minutes.
Adapted from Muy Bueno
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should be used as a general guide.
Keywords: Green chicken enchiladas, green enchiladas, enchiladas verdes, green chile chicken enchiladas