I love the comfort food of winter. But I am so happy that spring is here – and that summer is quickly on it’s way – because that means fresh produce and fruit!! I’m sad that I no longer have a backyard for growing my own garden, but I’m so glad that there are several farmer’s markets where I can get fresh, local produce. And even some of the local grocery stores carry local produce now, which is a huge plus!!
I usually strugle with side dishes, which means we don’t often have them, but whenever I come across a good one, I can’t help but wonder why I don’t make more of them!
These green beans were so packed with flavor – they would not only make a great side dish, but a great snack as well (which is how I ended up eating them, even though that wasn’t the original plan!) And they are mighty simple as well – with very few ingredients. This is the kind of snack I would be happy eating all summer long!
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¾ pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds, optional
- Combine the soy sauce, water, ginger and garlic. Heat the pan until hot, and add the soy sauce mixture. Cook until the garlic and ginger are softened, about 3 minutes. Add in the green beans and stir to combine.
- Cover the pan and cook until steam starts to escape from under the lid, about 5 minutes.
- Spin the lid to engage the vapor seal, immediately reduce the heat to low, and cook for 5 minutes, until the green beans are tender. Remove from heat and stir in the sesame oil. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds, if desired.
- *This recipe was developed for use with the 360 Cookware 3.5 qt. Saute Pan. It can probably be made using another brand of cookware, but water will probably need to be adjusted, and fat may need to be added.*
- adapted from 360 Cookware
One thing I have learned over the years is that quality really counts when it comes to the kitchen. When I first moved away from home, I had some pretty cheap kitchen ware. A set of $20 knives (for like 15 of them!), random pots and pans, mostly from garage sales, and don’t even get me started on how many blenders I’ve been through the last 15 years. (But now I have an amazing blender!) Little by little, I’ve been able to upgrade things in my kitchen, and really, it does make a huge difference. I still have a pot that I use occasionally from many years ago, and I curse it every time I use it because food sticks to the bottom and burns so easily. It is so much easier – and more efficient – to cook in a quality pot or pan.
In comes the amazing cookware from 360 Cookware. Made in the USA, this cookware is not only amazing quality, but because of the Vapor® cooking, you can cook your food with little to no water or fat. Which means healthier!
I was seriously surprised at how delicious these green beans were – with so very little liquid. It’s easier to eat more veggies – without feeling the least bit guilty about it because they are good for you. No butter, no oil. One amazing pan!!
And today I’m giving away a 1 quart saucepan from 360 Cookware (value $89.95)! This pot would be perfect for cooking up healthy vegetables, and supposedly you can even bake a cake in it – right on your stove top!
Mandatory: Comment below and tell my your favorite item in your kitchen.
Additional entries:(make sure you leave a SEPARATE comment for each)
- Like Taste and Tell and 360 Cookware on Facebook
- Follow Taste and Tell and 360 Cookware on Twitter, and tweet the following:
I want to win a 1 qt. saucepan from @tasteandtell and @360Cookware! http://su.pr/4qu18M
Giveaway will run through Saturday, June 9th at 11:59 MT. Giveaway is open to US residents, 18 years old or older. Winner will be notified by email, so make sure you leave a valid email address. Saucepan will be shipped by 360 Cookware. 360 Cookware provided me with product for review and is providing the product for the giveaway, but all opinions are mine.