Perfect for a cold night, this easy gourmet hot chocolate is easily customizable. The featured Spiced Orange Hot Chocolate and Peanut Butter Caramel Hot Chocolate are a hit for kids and adults!
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 oz milk chocolate
- Reddi-wip topping
Spiced Orange Hot Chocolate
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/8 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Peanut Butter Caramel Hot Chocolate
- 2 tablespoons creamy Peter Pan® peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon caramel syrup
- In a small saucepan or microwave safe bowl, combine the milk, cream and chocolate. Gently heat, stirring frequently, until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth.
- For the Spiced Orange Hot Chocolate, stir in the orange zest and pumpkin pie spice. Pour the mixture into a mug and top with Reddi-wip topping. If desired, serve with an orange slice and sprinkle lightly with additional pumpkin pie spice.
- For the Peanut Butter Caramel Hot Chocolate, stir the peanut butter into the warm mixture and whisk to combine. If the peanut butter doesn’t smooth out quickly, heat up the mixture a little longer until the peanut butter melts. Stir in the caramel syrup. Pour into a large mug and top with ReddI-wip. If desired, top with chopped peanuts, caramel syrup or chocolate sauce.