These Gooey Slow Cooker Caramel Blondies are soft, rich blondies that are slow cooked, creating a gooey caramel sauce for a killer dessert with minimal effort.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 12 soft square caramels (about 3.5 oz), wrappers removed and cut into fourths
- 1 cup boiling water
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, or the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together 1/2 cup of the brown sugar and the butter until creamy. Stir in vanilla. Stir in 1/3 of the flour mixture, followed by 1/3 of the milk. Continue adding the flour and milk, making another 2 additions of each and beating well after each addition. Stir in the caramels. Spread the batter evenly into the bottom of a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker.
- Combine the remaining 1/2 cup of brown sugar and the boiling water and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Pour evenly over the batter.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 1/2 to 3 hours, or until a toothpick inserted in the blondie comes out clean. Serve topped with ice cream, if desired.
very slightly adapted from Easy Everyday Slow Cooker Recipes