Perfect for breakfast during the holiday season, these baked donuts are quick and much easier than fried donuts!
- 2 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a donut pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger and salt.
- In the bowl of a mixer, mix together the brown sugar, eggs, applesauce, molasses, vegetable oil and milk until completely combined. Add in the dry ingredients and mix just until combined. Transfer the batter to a ziptop bag. Cut off the corner and pipe the dough into the prepared donut pan, filling 2/3 full.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 10 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes then turn out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Once cool, make the glaze. In a small bowl, combine all glaze ingredients and dip the tops of the donuts into the glaze. Return to the cooling rack to let the glaze set up.