These Glazed Carrots are a simple side dish that add a bit of wow to your dinner. Cooked on the stovetop in a simple sugar and butter glaze, this carrot recipe will become a go-to!
- 1 pound carrots, peeled
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, cut into 4 pieces
- Slice the carrots into 1/4-inch slices on the bias.
- In a 12-inch skillet, combine the carrots, chicken broth, 1 tablespoon of the sugar and the salt. Cover the skillet and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to a simmer and let it cook until the carrots are almost tender, about 5 minutes.
- Uncover the silent and let the carrots cook until most of the liquid has evaporated, another 2 minutes.
- Stir in the butter and the remaining 2 tablespoons of the sugar. Continue to cook and stir until the carrots are completely tender and covered in the glaze, about 2 minutes longer. Season with salt, if desired.
adapted from America’s Test Kitchen Family Favorites
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should only be used as a general guideline.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 112
- Sugar: 15 g
- Sodium: 397 mg
- Fat: 3 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 20 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 9 mg
Keywords: glazed carrots, carrot recipes, cooked carrots, how to cook carrots