- 1 pound chicken breast cutlets, or 2 large chicken breast halves, cut open like a book to make 4 pieces
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped pickled jalepeño chiles
- 1/2 cup pecans, finely ground
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 rolls, split
- 1 peach, thinly sliced
- 8 lettuce leaves
- In a medium bowl, combine the chicken and the buttermilk. Set aside to marinate for a few minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise and the jalepeños. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the pecans and breadcrumbs. Dip one piece of the chicken into the pecans mixture, pressing in to coat if needed. Add the chicken to the hot oil and cook, turning once, until cooked through, 2-3 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels. Repeat until all the chicken is cooked.
- Spread the jalepeño mayonnaise on the roll. Layer the chicken, peaches and lettuce. Serve.
adapted from Every Day with Rachael Ray June/July 2008